Who are the Friends of Easttown Library?
We are a group of dedicated volunteers who support and invigorate the library by providing community programming that is both fun and fundraising!
The Friends are honored to be the recipients of the Pennsylvania Citizens for Better Libraries 2014 'Friends Group of the Year' award.
What do the Friends do?
The Friends host many community events and fundraisers throughout the year. Whether you're picking up fantastic bargains at a book sale, getting rid of your old files at one of our secure document shredding events, or participating at one of our fun programs, there's something for everyone!
Upcoming Friends Events:
- Library Mini-Golf Event, April 1st
- Community Shredding Event, Sat., April 22nd
- Spring Book Sale, Fri., April 28th - Mon., May 1st
- What's in Your Closet? Antiques Appraisals
Reception on Friday, May 19th, 7 p.m.; Main event on Saturday, May 20th, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
We are looking for volunteers to help with these events! if you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Friends at
What does the Friends' money pay for?
In 2017, Friends funds will be used to
• Provide teen books and access to Britannica Library Online
• Purchase eBooks through OverDrive
• Support a wide variety of adult and youth programming
• Fund staff CPR training and AED equipment and maintenance
• Sponsor the Pals for Life Reading with Animals program and enhancements to the Youth Services aquarium
How can I help?
• Donate: Become a member of the Friends and help support Easttown Library! Select a membership option on the right-hand side of this page to become a member online now. Or view the 2017 Friends Membership Letter to mail in your donation.
• Volunteer: Working with the Friends is a great way to meet people while contributing to your community. To find out how you can help, simply come to one of our regular business meetings on the 1st Thursday of the month at Easttown Library. Contact
for more information.