Borrowing Library Materials
Book Bundles | Lending Periods | Fees | Holds | Fines | Lost, Stolen, and Damaged Items | Interlibrary Loan
Easttown Library offers a contactless pick-up option for library materials placed on hold. You will receive an email notification from the library when your item(s) have arrived for you. Call the library at 610-644-0138 when you are ready for staff to place your items on the shelf by the front door.
The Easttown Library Youth Services Department staff members are happy to put together a bundle (up to 12 books) for your child to pick up in the library or use our contactless pick-up service. Book bundles are a collection of books that we think your child may like... a bundle of surprises! Simply fill out this form and you will soon be notified when your book bundle is ready for pick-up.
- Adult, YA, and Juvenile fiction and nonfiction books
- Music CDs
- Books on CD, including MP3 audiobooks
||These items may be renewed once for 3 weeks and a second time for 1 week.
||These items may be renewed once for 2 weeks and a second time for 1 week.
- Adult and Juvenile DVDs
- New TV Series
- Video Games
||These items may be renewed twice for 1 week.
||Can be renewed for 3 days
*Items may only be renewed if there are no existing holds on them.
Easttown Library does not charge to borrow materials.
Placing a hold
- You may place a hold on an item by logging in to “My Account” through the catalog. You may also call or stop by the library to ask a staff person to place items on hold for you.
- You may have up to 30 items on hold at a time.
- You will be notified when the material is ready for you. We recommend giving us your email address for the quickest notification. You have one week to pick up the materials.
|Adult materials (books, audiobooks, music CDs, DVDs/blu-rays)
|Children's materials (books, audiobooks, music CDs, DVDs/blu-rays)
|Hot spots and museum passes
In accordance with Chester County Library System rules, borrowing privileges will be suspended when the amount of money owed reaches or exceeds $10.00 in fines and/or fees.
Lost, stolen, damaged items
Easttown Library customers are responsible for library materials while they are checked out in their name. The customer is liable for any item they borrowed that is lost or returned damaged.
When a borrowed item is lost or returned damaged, Easttown Library will charge the customer the retail price of the item at the time of purchase plus a standard processing fee. These charges allow the Library to replace the item with an identical or similar item. Once a customer pays for a damaged item, the item belongs to the customer; Easttown Library will not refund payment for a lost item if it is subsequently found.
Interlibrary Loan Items
Items not found in the Chester County Library System catalog may be requested through Interlibrary Loan (ILL). ILL requests may be made in person at the library, or online here. Please note the following guidelines:
- Your account must be fine-free to submit an ILL request.
- Printed material must be in publication for more than 6 months before the request will be filled.
- Audio/visual material must have been released at least one year ago.
- Audio/visual materials may not be renewed.
- Only one renewal per request; you cannot renew if your item is past due.
- The same item cannot be re-requested until 8 weeks after its return to the lending library.
- Please remember to pick up your material as soon as you are notified and return it to the same library from which it was requested.