Easttown Library now lends hotspots for free!
Easttown Library is partnering with T-Mobile to offer mobile hotspots to our customers. The hotspot program allows library card holders to access unlimited, high-speed Internet service anywhere a T-Mobile signal can be received. Connect up to ten devices at a time, including desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, etc. Perfect for those who have no internet access at home, are going on a vacation, or taking their business on the road.
Easttown Library offers the following hotspot options:
- 2 reservable hotspot that lends for a 3 day period.
- 3 reservable hotspots that lends for a 10 day period.
- 1 reservable hotspots that lends for a 14 day period.
You can reserve hotspots using Museum Key, or by calling the library at 610-644-0138. Hotspots can only be picked up and dropped off at the Easttown Library Circulation Desk during business hours. Do not return the hotspots to the outside book drop or to any other Chester County library.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I reserve a hotspot? You can reserve a hotspot online through Museum Key, or by calling the library at 610-644-0138.
- Who can reserve a hotspot? Valid Chester County Library System card holders who are eighteen years or older, and with library accounts in good standing, can reserve a hotspot. You will not be able to reserve a hotspot if you have over $10 in fines on your account.
- How far in advance can I reserve a hotspot? You can make reservations up to 60 days in advance.
- How often can I reserve a hotspot? You can reserve and check out a hot spot once per month.
- Do I need my library card to pick up the hotspot? Yes, you will need to present the library card that you used when reserving the hotspot to pick it up, unless your record indicates that someone else is authorized to pick up your materials.
- What if I can't pick up the hotspot until after the reservation date? You can cancel your hotspot reservation on Museum Key. If you cannot pick up your reserved hotspot, but don't want to cancel your loan, please call the library on the first day of your reservation. If you choose to continue with your loan, please note that you will have one less day of total checkout time for the hotspot, but still must pay the regular fee for the full rental period.
- What is the late fee or replacement fee? The late fee is $25 per day. If a hotspot is lost or damaged, the replacement fee is $80, the cost of the hotspot. There is also a $15 processing fee for lost or damaged hotspots.
- Where do I return my hotspot? Please return the hotspot to the Easttown Library Circulation Desk during business hours. Do not drop the hotspot into the outside book drop or return it to any other Chester County Library.
- Can I cancel my reservation? You can cancel your reservation via Museum Key (log in with your library account number and PIN) or by calling the library at 610-644-0138.
- What if I reserve a hotspot, but don't check it out? If you do not notify the library that you cannot pick up on the day of your reservation or simply do not pick up your hotspot, you will forfeit your reservation. The first time you fail to pick up hotspot, you will receive a warning. The second time you will be unable to make a reservation for six months.
- Where does T-Mobile provide coverage? Please see the hyperlinked map below to view the areas that T-Mobile provides coverage for the hotspots.