Participating Museums | How Does It Work? | FAQs
Use your library card to gain free access to popular attractions across the Delaware Valley and beyond.
(Click on any square to reserve a pass)
How Does It Work?
- Browse from the list of available locations.
- Reservations can be placed up to 60 days in advance. You can make your reservation online, or call the library to make one over the phone. (610-644-0138)
- Please note that all passes must be picked up and returned to the Easttown Library Circulation Desk during regular business hours. Do not drop the passes in the outside book drop, or at any other Chester County library.
- Check out a pass at the Circulation Desk on Day 1.
- Return the pass to the Circulation Desk by the end of day 3.
- The late fee is $25 per day.
- Lost pass fees depend on the price of the museum. The cost for each pass ranges from $75 to $250.
- You can cancel a reservation by logging into your account in Museum Key or by calling the library.
- There is no charge to reserve a museum pass, and some provide discounts at museum shops and restaurants.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a charge to reserve a pass? There is no charge.
- Who can reserve a pass? Valid Chester County Library System card holders who are eighteen years or older, and with library accounts in good standing, can reserve a pass. You will not be able to reserve a pass if you have over $10 in fines on your account.
- How do I reserve a museum pass? You can reserve a museum pass online through Museum Key, or by calling the library at 610-644-0138.
- Do I need my library card to pick up the museum pass? Yes, you will need to present the library card that you used when reserving the museum pass to pick it up, unless your record indicates that someone else is authorized to pick up your materials.
- What is the loan period for museum passes? Museum passes loan for three days. Day one is the day that you pick up the pass. You have the pass for the entirety of day two. On day three, the pass is due back to the Circulation Desk by the library's closing time. Do not drop the pass kit into the book drop or return it to any other Chester County library.
- How far in advance can I reserve a pass? Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance.
- What are the late fees? Late passes are subject to a $25/day fee. You will be responsible for the replacement cost for any lost, or damaged, museum passes. The cost for each pass ranges from $75 to $250.
- What if I can't pick up the museum pass until after the reservation date? You can cancel your museum pass reservation on Museum Key. If you cannot pick up your reserved pass, but don't want to cancel your loan, please call the library on the first day of your reservation. If you choose to continue with your loan, please note that you will have one less day of total checkout time for the museum pass.
- Where do I return my museum pass? Please return the museum pass to the Easttown Library Circulation Desk during business hours. Do not drop the pass into the outside book drop or return it to any other Chester County Library.
- Can I cancel my reservation? You can cancel your reservation via Museum Key, or by calling the library at 610-644-0138.
- What if I reserve a museum pass, but don't check it out? If you do not notify the library that you cannot pick up on the day of your reservation or simply do not pick up your museum pass, you will forfeit your reservation. The first time you fail to pick up your museum pass, you will receive a warning. The second time you will be unable to make a reservation for six months.