Easttown Library processes passports and passport photos by appointment only. If making an appointment for 1, 2, or 3 people, please schedule it online. Parties of 4 or more must call the library to make an appointment. Call 610-644-0138 to make an appointment.
Passport Service Hours
- Monday - Thursday, 3:30 - 7 PM
- Friday & Saturday, 10 AM - 2 PM
You must apply in person using Form DS-11 if at least one of the following is true:
- You are applying for your first U.S. passport
- You are under age 16
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16
- Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
If none of the above statements apply to you, you may be eligible to renew by mail using Form DS-82. Visit this webpage from the U.S. Department of State for renewal information.
Please bring the following with you to your appointment:
- A completed DS-11 form for each applicant (use black ink)
- Proof of identity
- Government-issued photo identification document
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Fully-valid, undamaged U.S. passport (can be expired) OR
- Certified U.S. birth certificate that meets the following requirements:
- Issued by the city, county, or state of birth
- Lists applicant's full name, date of birth, and place of birth
- Lists both parents' full names
- Has the signature of the city, county, or state registrar
- Has the date filed with registrar's office (must be within one year of birth)
- Has the seal of issuing authority
- Passport photograph (Easttown Library offers a passport photo service for $10 per person)
When children (under age 16) are applying for a passport:
- All passport applicants under 16 must apply in person using Form DS-11.
- Both parents should be present. If one parent/guardian cannot go with the child to apply for the passport, they can give permission by completing Form DS-3053 "Statement of Consent." You must submit the completed form with the child's passport application.
- Certified U.S. birth certificate is required for all child applicants.
- For information about special circumstances with children, visit this U.S. Department of State webpage.
- For minors age 16 and 17, a parent or legal guardian should be present to show parental awareness.
Two payments are required.
- Application fees: Pay by check (personal, certified, cashier's, traveler's) or money order payable to "U.S. Department of State." For current fees tables, see the following webpage: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/fees.html.
- Execution fee: $35/applicant. Cash, credit card, and personal checks (made payable to "Easttown Library") are accepted.
For More Information